Java Viewer API - display documents within your applications
API to view over 50 document formats from any Java based application without requiring any external viewers.Download Free Trial
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java is a compelling document viewer API. Use it within your Java applications for rendering more than 50 documents and image formats . It rasterize both documents and images. This Java API renders text from documents and converts it to SVG, HTML and CSS – offering native document rendering with high fidelity true-text.
At A Glance
An overview of Java document viewer API.
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java supports any Desktop or Server environment with Java run-time version 1.6 or above
50+ file formats supported
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java supports Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio Formats, Project Formats, Outlook Email Files, OpenDocument , Image Files HTML, AutoCAD, PDF, TXT, XML, XPS, Electronic Publication and Windows Icon.
Advanced Java Document Viewer API Features
HTML Representation : Rasterize documents and convert them to SVG+HTML+CSS
Image Representation : Rasterize documents and convert them to image format
PDF Representation : Convert documents to PDF format for displaying
Display documents in your application in its original format
Use Cache feature for fast loading only for HTML and image representation
Rotate Pages : supported with only HTML and Image representations
Reorder Pages : only for HTML and Image representations
Watermark : Add text as watermark to all pages and images of the output
Supported Image and Document Formats
Using native Java document viewer API – within applications developers can use set of predefined options for rendering documents as HTML or Image formats for whole document, custom range of pages or page by page. The supported document formats viewing are mentioned below:
- Microsoft Excel : XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB
- Word : DOC, DOCM, DOCX, DOT, DOTX, DOTM
- PowerPoint Presentation: PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPSX
- Image Files: TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP
- Microsoft Project Formats: MPT, MPP
- Microsoft Visio Formats: VSD, VDX, VSDX, VSS, VSX, VST, VTX, VSDX, VDW
- Outlook Email Files: MSG, EML, EMLX
- OpenDocument Formats: ODT, OTT, ODS, ODP
- Rich Text Format: RTF
- Plain Text Format: TXT
- Comma-Separated Values: CSV
- HTML, MHT, MHTML
- Extensible Markup Language: XML
- XML Paper Specification: XPS
- AutoCAD Drawing Formats: DXF, DWG
- Electronic Publication: EPUB
- Windows Icon: ICO
Installation and Usage
GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library files can be installed/downloaded directly as:
- Download the library from the download archive.
- Extract the archive.
- Open console and cd to lib directory of the extracted directory.
- Run command mvn install:install-file -Dpackaging=jar -Dversion=3.0.0 -DgroupId=com.groupdocs -DartifactId=groupdocs-viewer -Dfile=GroupDocs.Viewer.jar or just run the install_library.bat to install library in maven
Note: version number and file name can be different from current documentation.
- Add dependency to your pom.xml
<dependency> <groupId>com.groupdocs</groupId> <artifactId>groupdocs-viewer</artifactId> <version>3.0.0</version> <type>jar</type> <dependency>
This library is hosted in the Maven Central Repository, so if you use Maven in your projects just use the dependency declaration provided above.
The jar itself you can download from the Maven Central Repository.Another way to use.
All it takes to start rolling with GroupDocs.Viewer is to reference a single GroupDocs.Viewer.jar file.
If you download the Zip Archive as discussed in the previous topic then you are required to add the external library by practicing the following steps in Eclipse:
- Right click on Java project, and go to Properties.
- Go to Java Build Path.
- Open Libraries tab.
- Press Add External JARs.., and load GroupDocs.Viewer Jar.