Document comparison is a process of finding differences in two documents of same format. It can be a content difference or can be any contextual differences. GroupDocs.Comparison for Java compares a source document with a target document and produces a result document which highlights the differences in a suitable way i.e. colored highlighting or by differing font information that has either been added to or removed from the reference document to produce the target document.
Servlets based Front-end for Comparison API
The front-end is developed using Java Servlets. It is capable enough to accept two documents of common formats from the user and compare and highlight their differences in a third result file of same format.
Common document formats for comparison include word processing documents (like Microsoft Word), spreadsheets (like Microsoft Excel), presentations (e.g. PowerPoint), and Portable Document Format (PDF) documents.
How to use the Project
The working of GroupDocs.Comparison for Java is easy enough to be defined in a few steps.
- Two files of common formats are selected and uploaded.
- Mentions the type of comparison i.e. Words, Cells and PDF etc.
- Submits the form to start the actual work.
- Compares the documents and downloads the result file which highlights all the differences in uploaded files.
Following are the requirements to run GroupDocs.Comparison for Java Servlets Front-end.
- Java Development Kit 8
- Maven 3
- Any modern web browser like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
How to Run
Following steps should be followed to run GroupDocs.Comparison for Java Servlets Front-end.
- Go to project directory using command prompt and run
- Go to
http://localhost:8080/using your web browser.
Available Channels and Resources
Find more channels and resources to download, learn, try and get technical support on GroupDocs.Comparison for Java:
- Product Home - GroupDocs.Comparison for Java
- Documentation - Product Documentations
- Product Support Forum - Technical Support Forum for GroupDocs.Comparison
- Examples/Plugins/Showcases - Github source code examples
As always, you are welcome to share your feedback to improve this product. We will be happy to know your thoughts. Just create a forum thread and our dedicated support team will be there to respond.